Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Problem - Constantly Reaching

Dear friends,

I have a problem.  I have a problem and it is always out there for everyone to see.

I am constantly reaching.


You probably knew this about me.  A person who writes a blog called "Making Better Best" is, understandably, always reaching for something better.

However, there are some things that maybe we shouldn't be reaching for.

I am constantly reaching for a better job.  I have job postings for searches come to email each day.  I have job sites that I check each week to see if there is anything of interest.  I've applied to hundreds of jobs.  I've interviewed for a handful. When does this just become wasted effort?  And further, when will I ever be able to settle.  I haven't bought a house. I haven't committed in a relationship.  All because I am constantly reaching for the next best thing.

Some may say that is just because I am unhappy in my current situation, and that I'll settle when I'm in a situation that's right.  I haven't gotten far enough down the road to confirm that.

I still think that trying to make yourself the best you that you can be is important.  Where has your desire to constantly reach for something better impacted your life negatively?

No comments:

Post a Comment